Membership of Bridport Chamber can benefit your business in a variety of ways, including promotion of your business, information dissemination to support your business and effective lobbying and influencing of decision-makers to protect your business.
To ensure that Bridport provides the ideal environment for businesses to thrive and to supply the goods and services that the town and surrounding area needs to remain economically vibrant.
Our key priorities are:
- High Street cleanliness,
- Waste clearing,
- Occupancy of outlets and canvassing choice of businesses entering the high streets
- Town Council led events
- Street and car parking
- Public transport
- Housing / business planning
- Business rates,
- Town promotions
- Traders’ security and policing
- Traders’ networking and keeping money local
- Digital retailing – click & collect
- Business development and investment planning
- Marketing, promoting and shop display management
- Customer service and sales techniques
- Up-skilling staff
- Social networking and on-line selling
Bridport Chamber will represent and work in partnership with the Bridport and surrounding area business community together with other authorities and agencies to promote the town and increase prosperity for our members. We hope to encourage strong, sustainable and creative alliances that promote members’ businesses and raise the profile of the town and its surrounding areas.
Some of the ways in which Bridport Chamber can support established and new businesses:
- Where can I go to get a list of the businesses in the Bridport area?
- I want to start a new business. Where can I go for help?
- Where can I get advice on tax issues/business rates?
- Where can I get advice on training and apprenticeships?
- How can I find out about Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs)?
- I’m a business owner and have a complaint about a finance issue.
- How can I engage with Chamber members?
- How can I find out what is going on in the local business community?