Following the Government’s announcement on grants and business rates packages (1 April), here is the guidance for businesses (via Visit Dorset).
Businesses can now access grant funding
Eligible businesses in the Dorset Council and BCP areas are invited to access grant funding which the Government announced recently.
Please use these links for information on how to apply:
Dorset Council – www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/business-grants
BCP Council – www.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/News/News-Features/COVID19/Employers-Employees-and-Businesses/Financial-Support.aspx
The grants from central Government will be administered by the Councils to eligible businesses in Dorset.
There are two new grant funding schemes. First is the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) and secondly the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF).
What support is available for my business in Dorset?
For a quick guide to what is support is available for your business, you can download this accessible PDF.
Business Advice Helpline
Dorset Council has commissioned Dorset Chamber to provide information and a helpline with advice for businesses on dealing with the disruption caused by COVID-19. Call – 01202 714800 or visit the Dorset Chamber website for further information: www.dorsetchamber.co.uk
Details on how much funding will be provided to businesses:
- Under the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF), all eligible businesses in England in receipt of either Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000.
- Under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (RHLG), eligible businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a cash grants of £10,000 or £25,000 per property.
- Eligible businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of up to and including £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000.
- Eligible businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme. Businesses which are not ratepayers in the business rates system are not included in this scheme.
- Also covered is eligibility of businesses for both funds, exclusions to the funds, information around fraud and rating list changes.